Navan Hire, Hardware & Plumb Centre, established in 1986 is a leading provider of hardware, DIY and the hire of plant and machinery in the North East. As a member of the Topline Group we are committed to expanding our business and meeting the needs of our customers. We have the following positions which we wish to fill.
We are currently recruiting a Workshop Manager with a proven track record managing, measuring and motivating a team in a customer-focused environment, as well as successfully achieving targets and KPIs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing and directing the day to day operations of the Workshop through measuring, motivating and leading the Workshop team to ensure efficiency and high quality of Workmanship.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Increase productivity, assess capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining high quality standards.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilise assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions when necessary.
- Recruit, manage and develop staff in your area.
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste and improve process flows.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on plant.
- Ability to create and lead by example
- Mechanical experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Previous industry experience would be an advantage
- Previous people management experience essential.
- Strong organisational skills and proficiency in Microsoft excel
Apply with your CV to email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working within the yard, the main duties would include
- Assisting in the offloading of goods
- Ensuring supplies are left in the correct location
- Ensure that quantities received are correct
- Assisting Yard Supervisor in stock control
- Monitor the stock levels within that area and escalate to the Purchasing Officer as appropriate,
- Liaising with Yard Foreman
- Keeping the area tidy
- Moving and driving of machinery
- Working within an existing team
- Assisting customers
- Loading/Unloading of Machinery
- Supporting in stock takes
- Previous Experience essential.
- Can work within a Team
- Can work on own initiative
- Forklift Licence required
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Customer Service is essential
Counter Sales Assistant (Position available in both Trim Hire and Navan Hire)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service customers at the counter by taking orders and entering them into the system accurately
- Use electronic and published catalogues to provide product, pricing and availability information to customers
- Follow company pricing and credit guidelines
- Solve or find someone to quickly solve customers’ problems
- Retrieve orders from warehouse quickly and accurately
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products
- Handle customer complaints and returns, while showing a positive attitude
- Keep merchandising and counter areas clean and attractive
- Drive sales activity through outbound sales calls as directed by management
- Participate in company-sponsored sales promotions
- Work with other departments to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
- Accurately use order entry, computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Delivers superior customer service
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Professional demeanour
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
Experience: Minimum 2 years in Hardware/DIY position with solid Sales achievements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction Plant Fitter (Position available in Navan Hire and Trim Hire)
Due to business growth we are currently recruiting for two Construction plant fitters, One role based in Navan and one role based in Trim.
- Focus on execution of planned maintenance as well as effective reactive / breakdown support;
- Troubleshooting of equipment failures and initiation of corrective actions;
- Problem solving of electrical and hydraulic issues as well as all mechanical based stoppages on large plant machinery, two stroke and four stroke smaller plant;
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system, records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Display a positive and constructive attitude in partnership of problem solving with other areas of the business.
Desirable Qualifications or skills:
- Will have two to three years’ experience working with Heavy machinery.
- Will be a trades qualified diesel mechanic or construction plant fitter.
- Fork lift licence an advantage.
Email CVs to email@example.com
Hire and Hardware Sales Representative
We are currently recruiting a Hardware & Hire Sales Representative to join our expanding Sales team. The desired candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively selling hire and hardware products to existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
· Increase market share.
· Identify new opportunities to drive business.
· Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in order to generate new business for the organisation.
· Make calls and in-person visits to existing and prospective account customers.
· Build customer loyalty through effectively meeting customer’s requirements.
· Supply management with oral/written reports on customer needs, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
· Achieve targets set monthly and report directly to the Hire and Hardware managers.
· A strong and proven track record within Sales Account Management.
· Be results driven, self-motivated, optimistic and resilient.
· Proven sales success within the construction sector.
· Building materials experience would be a distinct advantage.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to use their own initiative.
· Fluency in English and excellent communication skills are essential.
· Full clean drivers licence.
· Company car
· Company phone
· Competitive salary and commission
We are now recruiting a Marketing Executive, this role will be split between 2 sites, Navan and Trim.
It is a varied role that includes planning, advertising, public relations, event organisation, product development, distribution, sponsorship and research. The work is often challenging and fast-paced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations.
· Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships.
· Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press - local, regional, and specialist publications.
· Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs.
· Writing and proofreading copy.
· Liaising with designers and printers.
· Organising photo shoots.
· Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials.
· Maintaining and updating customer databases.
· Organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions.
· Sourcing and securing sponsorship.
· Conducting market research.
· Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies.
· Managing budgets.
· Evaluating marketing campaigns.
· Monitoring competitor activity.
· Supporting directors / managers and other colleagues.
· Maintain key business supplier relationships, develop timelines with key milestones, and monitor execution.
· Maintaining company quality standards.
· Maintaining and managing the company’s social media presence.
· Devising ways for the company to be involved in the community.
· 2-3 years’ experience working in a busy marketing position
· Good skill set in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator)
· Highly motivated with excellent administration and organisational skills
· Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· 40 hour working week 9am – 6 pm
· Would be a requirement to work on a Saturday ad hocly for Trade Shows / Open days etc. . . . In this instance a day off during the week would be arranged in advance.
Email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org