Navan Hire, Hardware & Plumb Centre, established in 1986 is a leading provider of hardware, DIY and the hire of plant and machinery in the North East. As a member of the Topline Group we are committed to expanding our business and meeting the needs of our customers. We have the following positions which we wish to fill.
We are currently recruiting a Workshop Manager with a proven track record managing, measuring and motivating a team in a customer-focused environment, as well as successfully achieving targets and KPIs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing and directing the day to day operations of the Workshop through measuring, motivating and leading the Workshop team to ensure efficiency and high quality of Workmanship.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Increase productivity, assess capacity and flexibility while minimising unnecessary costs and maintaining high quality standards.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilise assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions when necessary.
- Recruit, manage and develop staff in your area.
- Collect and analyse data to find places of waste and improve process flows.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on plant.
- Ability to create and lead by example
- Mechanical experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Previous industry experience would be an advantage
- Previous people management experience essential.
- Strong organisational skills and proficiency in Microsoft excel
Apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Counter Sales Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service customers at the counter by taking orders and entering them into the system accurately
- Use electronic and published catalogues to provide product, pricing and availability information to customers
- Follow company pricing and credit guidelines
- Solve or find someone to quickly solve customers’ problems
- Retrieve orders from warehouse quickly and accurately
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products
- Handle customer complaints and returns, while showing a positive attitude
- Keep merchandising and counter areas clean and attractive
- Drive sales activity through outbound sales calls as directed by management
- Participate in company-sponsored sales promotions
- Work with other departments to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner
- Accurately use order entry, computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Delivers superior customer service
- Effective listening and good phone skills
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Professional demeanour
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales
Experience: Minimum 2 years in Hardware/DIY position with solid Sales achievements. Email email@example.com
Hardware Sales Representative:
We are currently recruiting a Hardware Sales Representative to join our expanding Sales team. The desired candidate will have 2 years’ + experience in a similar role.
- Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively selling hire and hardware products to existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Increase market share.
- Identify new opportunities to drive business.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in order to generate new business for the organisation.
- Make calls and in-person visits to existing and prospective account customers.
- Build customer loyalty through effectively meeting customer’s requirements.
- Supply management with oral/written reports on customer needs, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products/services.
- Achieve targets set monthly and report directly to the Hire and Hardware managers.
- A strong and proven track record within Sales Account Management.
- Be results driven, self-motivated, optimistic and resilient.
- Proven sales success within the construction sector.
- Building materials experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to use their own initiative.
- Full clean drivers licence.
- Company car
- Company phone
- Competitive salary